The Elk Creek Fire Protection District is a combination fire department.
It is staffed with:
- 2 Career Chief Officers
- 12 Career Line Firefighter/ Paramedics/ EMT's
- 31 Volunteer Firefighter/ EMS Providers
- 5 Career Wildland Firefighters
- 10 Seasonal Wildland Firefighters
- 1 District Administrator
- 1 Full Time Fleet Manager
- 1 Part Time Logistics Chief
- 1 Part Time Administrative Assistant
District location: 30 miles southwest of Denver, Colorado.
District area: Parts of western Jefferson County and eastern Park County.
District communities: Aspen Park, Conifer, Pine Junction and parts of Pine, Evergreen, and Bailey.
District size: Approximately 98 square miles.
District population: 15,000 residents (estimate)
- 11993 Blackfoot Road, Conifer, CO
- 650 Mount Evans Boulevard, Pine, CO
- 10956 Timothy's Drive, Conifer, CO
- 9737 Rhodus Street, Conifer, CO
Other districts' nearby stations:
The Elk Creek Fire Department was formed in 1948 by local residents who recognized the need to provide the community with fire protection. Completely volunteer and dependent on donations and using WW II surplus equipment the Department provided a much needed service to the community.
In last 74 years the call volume has increased to approximately 1,325 calls per year. The department now has career, full time, firefighters that work 48 hour shifts as well as a highly trained and dedicated volunteer staff. The department has state of the art firefighting and EMS equipment as well as a love to serve our mountain community.